Main content start
Resources for Current OCTs
Timesheets and Scheduling
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about working as an OCT this quarter.
- OCT Training and Resources site: https://octresources.stanford.edu/
- Appointments and timesheet system (TracCloud)
Oral Communication Program Handouts
To share with students:
- Overview of Effective Speaking
- Overcoming Speech Anxiety
- Power Pointers (tips on using PowerPoint)
- Interviewing 101 (tips for students)
- Respecting Intellectual Property (video by PWR Lecturer Dr. Kathleen Tarr)
- How to Conduct a Mock Interview
- General Employment interview questions
- Medical School interview questions
- Academic Position interview questions
- Fulbright Scholarship interview questions
- OCT Training and Resources Site
Useful Web Links
- Michael Alley. The Craft of Scientific Presentations: Critical Steps to Succeed and Critical Errors to Avoid.
- Robert R. H. Anholt. Dazzle 'em with Style: The Art of Oral Scientific Presentation.
- Mark Asher, Eric Chung, and the Staff of Vault. Vault Guide to the Case Interview.
- Dale Carnegie. Public Speaking for Success.
- Marc P. Cosentino. Case in Point: Complete Case Interview Preparation.
- Nancy Duarte. Slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations.
- Karen Kangas Dwyer. Conquer Your Speechfright.
- Deb Gottesman and Buzz Mauro. Taking Center Stage: Masterful Public Speaking Using Acting Skills You Never Knew You Had.
- Nick Morgan. Give Your Speech, Change the World: How to Move Your Audience to Action.
- Ray Nadeau, Carol Jablonski, and Greg Gardner. Speaking Effectively in Public Settings: A Modern Rhetoric with a Traditional Base.
- Achim Nowak. Power Speaking: The Art of the Exceptional Public Speaker.
- Garr Reynolds. Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery.
- Patsy Rodenburg. The Right to Speak: Working with the Voice.