See a Drop-in Tutor
While scheduling appointments in advance is the best way to ensure maximum time with our tutors, we also offer daily drop-in tutoring for those unpredictable times when you just need help now.
Drop-in Writing Tutoring at Hume
Drop-in writing tutors, also known as peer writing tutors, are undergraduates who have been trained to help students at any stage of the writing process and can work with any piece of writing, from a PWR essay or WIM paper to a grant proposal or fellowship application.
Drop-in writing tutoring for fall quarter is available from Sunday, 10/2 to Friday, 12/9.
- If you want to visit a specific drop-in writing tutor, view the drop-in writing tutoring schedule and stop by the Hume Center lounge (room 101) at the time.
- To learn more about our drop-in writing tutors, please read their bios.
- Please read our policies and procedures.
If there is a health or safety reason to move drop-in tutoring online, drop-in writing tutors will be available on a first-come, first-served basis online through the Hume Center Drop-In Writing Canvas page linked below.
- Click here to self-enroll (currently unpublished) to the Hume drop-in writing tutoring Canvas page.
- Click here for a detailed guide (currently unavailable) to meeting with a drop-in writing tutor (online) on Canvas.
Day-of Oral Communication Tutoring
Day-of OCT sessions are available online when open spots are available in the appointment schedule. Send us an email to check on availability.