See a Tutor
During Autumn 2022, tutoring is available from Sunday, October 2 through Wednesday, December 14, 2022.
- Writing appointments can be made up to seven days in advance and no later than midnight (PT) the day before. Oral communication appointments can be made at any point of the quarter.
- If you do not see any availability through the scheduling site, TracCloud (findatutor.stanford.edu), please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can inform you of any cancelations and/or add you to a waitlist.
- More information regarding appointment policies and procedures is available here.
- Visit our scheduling system TracCloud (findatutor.stanford.edu) to start to make an appointment with a writing or speaking tutor. You will need to WebAuth in with your SUNetID.
Once logged in, choose a reason in the “Schedule a Writing Appointment” box then click “Search” to see available writing appointments.
For a speaking appointment: Choose a reason in the “Schedule an Oral Communication Appointment” box then click “Search” to see available speaking appointments.
A window with a list of available appointments will appear, ordered by day and time. The room number will be listed if the appointment will be held in the Hume Center. A Wi-Fi signal icon means the appointment will be held virtually over Zoom.
- Click anywhere on the green rectangle for a time that works best for your schedule.
A new window will open. Review the details to ensure they are correct.
Click “Confirm” to book the appointment. You should receive a confirmation email after booking an appointment.
To view your upcoming appointments, click the “week” or “list” icon on your dashboard.
To cancel an appointment, click the X on the appointment you want to cancel.
Then click "Cancel Appointment" in the window that appears. You can cancel 12 hours before your appointment. Please email email@example.com if you would like to cancel your appointment after that time.
When you arrive at the Hume Center, please log in at one of the kiosks located on either side of the Hume Center doors on the first floor, in the reception area on the first floor, or the two kiosks located on the second floor.
For writing appointments, complete the reflection and feedback survey after your session. Your tutor will share the URL with you at the end of your session.
For OCT sessions, a feedback survey link will be emailed to you after your session.
Tutoring is available to every currently-enrolled Stanford undergraduate and graduate student. And, in keeping with University Policy, students on a leave of absence have access to tutoring on a limited basis to help them complete course work and/or facilitate their return to campus. All other Hume Center policies apply to students who book appointments while on a leave of absence.